Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Sweet By and By

I am not normally a reader of the books some would call touchy-feely books. When I saw that Sara Evans had written, The Sweet By and By, I decided I would give it a shot. Having left the pain of her past, Jade looks to move on when she heads to college. We catch up with Jade as she is in the midst of her wedding and a new step forward. Jade eventually sends an invitation to her mother, who shows up for her eldest daughter’s wedding.
Jade’s mom has her own issues with a hidden illness and a need to have a relationship with her eldest daughter. Her presence brings back the past the Jade has tried to leave behind. We read along as Jade searches through her past in order to find what she seeks most, a relationship with her father and reconciliation with her mother.

This was a different read for me as I stated but I would recommend this book to those who would like to read about love, hurt, anger, reconciliation and how a family can truly live together and not seem like a perfect family. I was captured by the changing twists that I didn’t see coming and had thought it was going another way. All in all, I would recommend this novel to many of the people I know. If you aren’t into the touchy-feely novels this one might still grab you as it grabbed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment